Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Indian kids born/brought up in US

I'm in US for past few years and I'm fully convinced, that when I get kids, I will move to India.

Kids in India (atleast thats how I was brought up - a middle class family). I never asked any elder relative (even younger ones), who visit us, why they came or that they should leave my house. If I had said this to someone, my parents would have smacked me. We play in streets with so many kids. We learn to share. We dont hurt others feelings, we obey.

These kids in US (kids I have met, there might be real good kids) think they just landed directly from the sky. Some kids even think Indians are weird and yucky. Being friends with non Indians is cool. And using the f word in every sentence is super cool. These kids do a lot of things without their parents notice. If you dont shop in Hollister, Fitch etc, you are the cheapest person on earth. They dont care if they hurt someone, they just want things done their way. I wouldnt hurt my parents, and would never give up my parents before anyone. These kids are just the opposite.

Most of the times, I feel like smacking these kids. I want my kid to be brought up the right way, humble and friendly. They should know to repect elders and everyone's feelings. India has its own ups and downs. But they never give me a heart attack like I get when I see these kids or hear them speak.

No comments: