Thursday, March 27, 2008

Filmi Style

At the end of my last year in college, me and my friend were attending some HR program in Nungambakkam. End of the day we had taken a bus to Adyar, us sitting in the last seat of the bus and I had the window seat. There was this young guy, standing near the footboard and looking at me. I kept looking here and there and I felt his eyes on me. I slowly told my friend and she was watching him and adviced me to look at him too. And so this guy smiles every time our eyes met and I try avoiding his eyes. Finally at Teynampet, he got down but after getting down, he turned, caught me looking at him (like the movie RUN) and he smiled and I smiled. I was a bit scared, if he would get into the bus again....

The next day on a bus from Nungambakkam to Mylapore. In a window seat, in the middle of the bus. Another good looking guy, he wore a white shirt, standing near the front footboard, was looking at me. Again I avoid meeting his eyes and tell my friend and she was excited because he looked good and asked me to look at him too(sight adichify). I look here and there and look at him, he smiles. This happened for some time and he had to get down. He gets down, looks at me and smiles and I smile and the bus takes off...

If only it was a film, the girl and guy would have met again in the same bus, in the same route, at the same time for the following days or they would have met in some other place and eventually fallen in love...

Fortunately or not it wasn't a film, here I am after 5 years and I remember those incidents and wonder why I smiled at them - complete strangers who were "sight" seeing... I wonder if those guys came the next day, at the same time, caught the same bus and expected me to be there!!! I know,I should stop watching a lot of movies... :)

No comments: